[besides the obvious, you know, days of messy fishtails + maddo details + fluffy love]
okay, okay, oookaaay, have we all SEEN ed sheeran's thinking out loud video? oooh myyyyy, i hadn't until just recently! but iiiiit's gorgeous. i mean, as if that song alone didn't already have my silly frozen-over wintertime heart in a puddle for so long now! and i'm not kidding, if we were getting married right now, that would be our wedding song. i would just have to insist, because it gives me the feels of all feelings. [i know, me and a bunch of other brides would be saying that, which is maybe what killed that jason mraz lucky for me when it was big, but sorry sorry!!] but i don't know... it just hadn't occurred to me to watch the video, and then, ooh, enter: my girl maggie, who introduces me to a decently good portion of my life's fav little decisions [um, my zella leggings? yep, maggie!]. anyway, we are watching it daily now, as it's absolutely beautiful, and totally maddalena-approved. so, ed sheeran, you stole my heart! it's offish. and i thought there was only one redhead who could do that. [ahem, outlander.] ps. if you took me into that ballroom alone, i'd probably be putty in your hands.
while we're on the topic of things my co-preggie introduces me to, she gave me this fentiman's botanically brewed rose lemonade the other day at her housey, and i couldn't believe i hadn't had it before!! it was so delicious and and so right up my alley, i felt like. and! completely adorable! maybe kinda the perf little pink drink for some big ole valentine's plans... [aka, cuddling?] <3 <3
i know i've totally obsessed all over this before, but several of maddalena's very favorite clothing items, at this point, have come from thredup, and... it's really just so super. her baby gap poodle sweater, favorite princess rosey dress, and a few other things... all thredup! not to eeeven mention the sparkly & blush pink vince camuto flats i'm dying to break out already and a perfect, new-with-tags ASOS maternity bridesmaids dress i found for thiiiirtyyyy dollarrrrrrs for my best friend's wedding coming up in may! RIGHT?! okay, and iiii just love nothing more than getting a jackpot awesome deal, especially when you start realizing that your mini-person is growing at. the. speed. of. light. and soon enough you'll be supplying clothes for more than one child?! so! i'm definitely about ready to place an order for some springtime things and grab myself another cleanout bag so i can send some of my own stuff in, as well. and hey, if you wanna give it a shot, my referral here gives you and me both a $10 credit, which is a win win win!
k, brain emptied! oh, other than the pretty little liars theories i'm reading under the covers late at night til my eyeballs can't stay open anymore! really. i can't even. it's the only tv show left that i keep up with, and i NEED some answers, like, now. and spoiler alert: apparently we find out who killed mona this season, and who uber A is next season? i'm scared to even know. ahhh. but... i love it. and also, it is all so totally ridiculous.
ps. only 37 days and 12 hours until daylight savings tiiiiiimeee!!!!! counting down, because bring me some good ole porch-watchin' sunsets!!
goooooodness gracious, where did our tiniest baby go?!
so, just yesterday, as i threw a messy fishtail braid into my own hair, little miss maddalena requested, for the first time, a set of pigtail braids aaaall her own! [inspired by princess anna, of course. what isn't?! i mean, really. ;)]. and so, she sat in front of the mirror excitedly as i braided, going over her princess plan out loud. "...and i'm gonna put on my booow shooooes!" she has this special little tone she uses when she's listing out a plan, and i love. it. so. much.
that precious girl could not have been more proud of those braids, and she pranced around practically the whole day, looking oh so grown up! naturally, i melted a thousand times. then daddy came home and told her over and over how pretty she looked, and okay, is there anything sweeter than daddies and little girls? it's kiiiinda my fav.
somebody mentioned to me a couple of months ago that they felt like when their little girl hit 2 1/2 years, that it was a big leap in growth, and she just seemed more grown up. so, now that maddalena is three days away from officially being 2 1/2, i totally have to agree! suddenly her legs are long and skinny, her thoughts are deep and layered, and i just can't get enough of all of it. best age ever! aaas i say for every age, of course. :)
we woke up on saturday morning to find a blanket of snowy white on the ground! which was funny since the night before, i'd fallen asleep before the snow started around midnight, excited that our saturday was to be 50 degrees and sunny. [which it was, despite the wintery start! yay!] so, when i peeked out the window that morning, i was totally surprised!
anyway, as much as the snowy morning set the perfect backdrop for staying all cooozy indoors, snuggled up with a mug of hot coffee... as the mom of a little princess who likes to open my sleeping eyeballs and say, "do you wanna build a snoooowmaaaan?" a la anna de frozen... well, of course, i knew we had to get our tiny lady out and into the powdery white before it melted away! aaaand so we did!
i was pretty excited to see maddalena in the snow, since i knew she didn't remember the little snows we've had in the past... and she was thrilled as she took it all in, making her own little footprints and watching minnie race around playing! and then, bless her, she said she wanted to build a "willy, willy big snowman!!" but was sweetly delighted with our attempts at a little tiny snowman. and when tiny snowman was finished [thanks to daddy's snowball skills! mine were totally crumbling!], complete with... no eyes or mouth [he was a fragile snowman!]... we said "what's the snowman's name, madd?!" thinking there was only one obvious answer to that question [i mean, olaf, right?], she replied, "...strawberry shortcake!!" oh! strawberry shortcake! haha. of course! of course, of course. ;)
...aaand then we all went inside to snuggle with our coffee, fix up some breakfast, and wait for the sun to warm everything way, way up! and oh, it did and it was ever so lovely.
1. so, when maddalena asks for a "tiny cup" around our house... well, what that actually means these days is... a shot glass. which keeps me cracking up! why we even have such a stash of shot glasses, i'm just not even quite sure. oh my. but thank goodness we've found an actual use for those tiny cups, right! i mean, really! they are kind of the perfect size! [although, it's possible that we should use one that doesn't say jack daniel's on it! we really don't need one that says jack daniel's come to think of it, haha. oooh, goodwill box!]
2. the sunshine decided to finally come out for a while just lately, and gosh, is it life changing when the gloom goes away! we all had our spirits lifted a bit, i think, including mr. casey, whooooo, i might add, turns 28 next month!! iiiii am so excited, i'm kind of obsessed with his every milestone. :)
3. i'm also just kind of high fiving myself every day that i wake up or come home and find that my little kitchen hydrangea plant is still alive and well! because, i mean, boooy, have i killed them before. i thought they were officially the plants that i'd never be able to keep even though everyone else seems to... but i guess this one likes her life indoors so far?! she's making me so happy!!
4. my parents returned from their winter getaway to the bahamas with friends, and brought with them sweet little goodies! including a little pink bracelet for my very favorite tiny wrist. thanks, gaga and papa!
5. i have the besssst little kitchen helper around, and we made pa-lentyyy of our fav banana oat bites last week.
6. i figured after christmas came and went that really, little white twinkle lights in little girls' rooms are not at all exclusively for the holidays! and so, we left them up in madd's room to be as magical as ever, and it was totally the best decision, if you ask me!
7. maddo said to me one morning as she lounged on the couch, "will you grab my coffee for me?" and so, i said, "well sure! where is it?" and when she instructed me on just where to find said coffee, well, sure enough! she had made herself a cup of invisible coffee, complete with stirring spoon. my little mini, indeed. <3
8. we had our first ever "we'll squeeze you in with the doctor asap" situation this week, when my little lady appeared one day with a breakout of spreading hives, along with swelling hands and feet. oooh, my gosh! after 2 1/2 years with her, i still feel so inexperienced in the freaky symptoms what-the-heck-is-happening department, because generally... we just haven't had much of that! but go ahead and file it under: ways to give your mom a near heart attack. ahhh. a few days of benadryl and a myriad of natural remedies later, she seems to be doing better!
9. little soph, i think, miiiight be earning herself a nighttime apartment in the garage here, pretty soon. i love my kitty!!! but she hides under our bed and meows at night if we leave our master bedroom door open... and, ahem, pees on things every now and then just to keep things really exciting, i guess. cats, you know?! but just look at how adorable she is! i still love you, sophie. even if i did wake up to a very stinky dish towel just recently. [i mean, really? the dish towel!] ...but a fun fact about sophie: she's actually a doctor... named dr. faf faf... according to maddalena when she gets out her doctor kit! ;) [minnie is dr. cof cof!]
10. one sunny afternoon last week, a whole herd of pretty deer were spotted just frolicking around the farm. they usually pop out at night and stay much lower in the pastures, so it was beautiful to see them out and about!
11. my kitchen assistant and i discovered the very easiest paleo muffins recently to make for steven [who's kind of unofficially eating paleo lately. and ps. what was life before pinterest??], and they've been a total hit! completely guilt free, and i'm tempted to guilt them up JUST a dot and switch blueberries for chocolate chips. mmmm, baby! might have to... seems we're fresh out of "blueblays" as madd calls them. :)
12. aaaaand my minnie had a birthday last weekend, turning 7 years old! what! my fluffypup is 7?! i tell you, that makes me feel way older than having a 2 year old human child. i know she's still a little bummed about being semi-dethroned as princess around here, but really i love my minners so so much! happy 7, minnie!