[i just can't help but extra-love that you can see the ocean moving... bring me back that sea breeze!]
oh, hey monday!! and okay, it's not even just a monday for us. it's a rainy, fall, monday re-entry into real life after a fantastic week sunning ourselves to the crashing lullabies of the atlantic!!
but really, i'm so not complaining. actually, arriving home on saturday evening gave us a whole entire sunday yesterday to enjoy what was left of 90-something degree sunshine in nashville... ending with sunsetty wine, just how i like it. :) so. good thing we love home!
aaaand obviously now i have like, 9 million photos and videos to sift through from our beachy vacay! which is definitely a good thing, if you ask me. i mean, good thing... chya, it's my fav thing!
so, la la la, backing up, backing up! to a random topic that's not fall, home decor, the dripping kitchen faucet steven's in the process of fixing [thankfully], the vet appointment i neeeeed to make for minnie, or how maddalena woke me up this morning to warn me that daddy left chip crumbs on the coffee table [!!!!!]...
yes! right, so let me just mention that my husband loooves watching youtube clips from any kind of america/whatever country's got talent, the voice, american idol, all those. so, that little hobby paired with the fact that there's next to nothing on tv in the evening that is appropriate for kiddos [which is just SAD!] we've all kinda gotten into these shows as a little pre-bedtime deal when we feel like winding down that way!
while we were down at the beach, we all sat around snuggled in the family room and started this season of the voice... which is the first time we've really done that! ever since show streaming took over, i feel like it's rare that we sit down to watch a premier as it's premiering, ha, so that in itself was fun. plus, i haven't gotten to be a dedicated watcher of anything specific in some time now... so, the voice!! i. am. totally. obsessed! and after two nights in a row of episodes, i was completely bummed that it's only on monday and tuesday nights because i was ready to watch every night!
SO! in preparation for tonight, i'll just go about making a few little relevant points, iiiif ya don't mind...
1. at first i was not so down with miley as a new judge, given the weird life-crisis types of decisions she's making these days in her post-disney star fame. but!!! i love her so far. maybe they've edited her well, but she's funny. and she's a nashville girl! plus, i'm totally okay with the giant flowers.
2. sidenote: alicia keys as the other new judge? she's basically magical. loved her reaction to the girl singing her song. and i'm pretty much in awe of anyone who can look so beautiful in a turban and no eye makeup.
3. remember billy gilman??? anybody? anybody?? because i for sure had a billy gilman christmas album when i was little. haha. i'm glad he's back and his audition blewww me awaaaay. like, CHILLS AND TEARS! i wish it was the whole song!!
4. i've proceeded to re-watch/listen to that adele's version for days and nights and daaaays.
5. also, i know candace cameron bure's [aka. dj tanner fuller ;)] daughter is going to be on this season... i am such a fan of that family! i can't wait to see! also, they are seriously the cutest mother/daughter.
6. related! maddalena is so adorably obsessed with grace vanderwaal, who rightfully won AGT this last season! she is unreal... 12 years old! she could not be any cuter or more talented.
7. also, we are so entertained by sal valentinetti, also from AGT. can we hug him, please???? and drink wine and eat pizza and have him sing to us? i even just love the intro to this one.
...aaaand i feel i've come to a stopping point 'cause now all i want to do is go back and forth between adele and billy singing that one and only song to me and my ears on this monday! see also, 3rd cup of coffee and body on eastern time so hoping for a big energy jolt here soon. ;)
[and hey fall, i see you trying to poke some sunshine out. do it, please! i want to love you, i do.]